Transfer mixture to the prepared baking pan and cover with foil. Combine sour cream, cream cheese, cream of chicken soup, and broccoli. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Make sure to drain the broccoli before adding it to the casserole. Please refresh the page or try again in a moment. Pour the mixture over the broccoli pieces. Perfect for the second night of dinners or an easy take-to-work lunch! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Please read our disclosure policy. Wrap with a layer of foil for extra protection against freezer burn. Mushy, not a lot of flavor. Also, boiling the milk is the best way to burn it and make the entire dish inedible. Transfer the mixture to a 9x13-inch baking dish and spread it into an even layer. Home > Recipes > Main Dishes > Casseroles > Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Yes, yes, yes! Bring a pot of water to a boil. Lightly grease a 913 baking dish with cooking spray. Gently stir in quinoa, chicken, and broccoli. Choose heartier types of pasta that can hold their own with chicken and broccoli. I would definitely make it again! Your email address will not be published. Place in a greased 2 qt casserole dish. It may need a few minutes of extra cook time. Serve this chicken and broccoli casserole with hot cooked noodles or rice, along with a tossed salad or fresh sliced tomatoes. Place completely cooled broccoli chicken casserole into airtight containers or freezer bags and store in the freezer for up to three months. Here you will find deliciously simple recipes for the every day home cook. Good, quick and simple Sunday dinner! Freeze for up to three months and thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Your photo is being processed. Powered by the ESHA Research Database 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice Casserole, Rotisserie Chicken and Stuffing Casserole, Chicken, Broccoli, and Cottage Cheese Casserole. Get it free when you sign up for our newsletter. Place in a greased 2 qt casserole dish. Youd make one sauce or the other Melodie. You can also bake chicken breasts in the oven to use in this recipe. Remove the foil, then continue baking for 10-15 more minutes. Make a second layer with the broccoli. Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in instant rice, cover, and remove from heat. Preheat your oven to 200C/390F. Preheat the oven to 350F. Set aside. So glad youve enjoyed the recipe Richard! Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a 350F oven for 20 minutes. Based on earlier review and comments of this recipe, we've retested and made the following adjustments (and updated the nutritional analysis accordingly): Used a large high-sided skillet (for greater capacity). It also helps speed up the assembly process. I mixed stuffing in the mix and then sprinkled some on top (I am a big stuffing fan) and then topped with bread crumbs as other users suggested. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instruction (minus 1-2 minutes) until al dente, stirring occasionally. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9x13-inch dish. Broccoli, Rice, Cheese, and Chicken Casserole, Campbell's Kitchen Chicken Broccoli Divan, Easy Baked Chicken, Rice, and Broccoli Casserole, Silver's Savory Chicken and Broccoli Casserole, Breeze Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice Casserole, Chicken, Broccoli, and Cottage Cheese Casserole, Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice Casserole, Cheddar Broccoli and Chicken Casserole from Country Crock, Chicken Spaghetti Casserole with Broccoli. 1 each: 347 calories, 26g fat (8g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 691mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein. Allow the casserole to cool, then transfer it in individually sized portions (if you don't plan to thaw it all at once) to freezer-safe storage containers or zip-top freezer bags. Home Casseroles Chicken Casseroles Chicken Broccoli Casseroles. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Recipes like our BBQ Shrimp with Garlicky Kale & Parmesan-Herb Couscous and Quinoa, Avocado & Chickpea Salad over Mixed Greens are delicious meals that will help you meet your nutritional goals. I also think this would be great for using leftover chicken and broccoli! Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and cheese has melted, 25 to 30 minutes. Please refresh the page or try again in a moment. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Chicken and broccoli casserole is a tried-and-true classic that has stood the test of time. Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "acda6d47cc7a5d868d76ca0b5f3b68a7" );document.getElementById("he0c03d125").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); By submitting this comment you agree to share your name, email address, website and IP address with Spend With Pennies. Very delicious, will make again," according to ChristaJ. Pour the contents of the bowl into a buttered baking dish and bake in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Top casserole evenly with prepared stuffing. These dishes feature ingredients like legumes, fatty fish, dark leafy greens and herbs which are not only anti-inflammatory, but they're also staples of the Mediterranean diet, one of the healthiest eating patterns you can follow. Discovery, Inc. or its subsidiaries and affiliates. ", "It was really good," according to Jon Michael Richardson. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Thanks for your recipes! Spread stuffing on top of the chicken mixture. Chicken and Broccoli Casserole Chicken and broccoli co-star in creamy, cheesy, comforting casserole recipes. Just as tasty for leftovers. In a separate bowl, combine cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, milk and lemon juice. Directions Preheat oven to 350. Cut broccoli into equal-sized pieces, add them to the chicken. Cheddar CheeseCombined with the soup mixture, the cheese adds another layer of gooey goodness. It's important to use a large high-sided ovenproof skillet as it has the capacity to cook the ingredients without overcrowding the pan. Following these trends could even be downright dangerous and should be avoided. Another keeper, thanks for sharing. After the first time I made it, I went on a casserole kick and made it twice a week for 3 months straight! Switch from broccoli to cauliflower, or use a combination of both. Instead of extra sharp cheddar I used Cabot seriously sharp white sharp cheese, and I cooked up 3 lbs of chicken (for left overs). Mix together condensed soup and mayonnaise in a bowl. Despite being an enormous lover of all things Broccoli, Rice and Chicken it was just meh. You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of emails you receive. Place the chicken in a large pot with water to cover. It is chock full of chicken and broccoli, cheese, and just enough pasta to pull it all together! Thaw first? Content and photographs are copyright protected. I typically serve this over rice, but it is just as great by itself. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. All rights reserved. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed, Rotisserie Chicken and Stuffing Casserole, Silver's Savory Chicken and Broccoli Casserole, Broccoli, Rice, Cheese, and Chicken Casserole, Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice Casserole. Love Eating Well, just not this recipe.. needs some work. Yes, you can absolutely freeze chicken broccoli stuffing casserole! Use your favorite stuffing mix to sprinkle over top for a crunchy, flavorful topping. Meanwhile, combine the rest of the ingredients (except for a cup of Parmesan) in a large bowl and mix well. Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 25-30 minutes. Add chicken and season . In a large bowl combine cream of chicken, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, milk, and salt & pepper. EatingWell Magazine, January/February 2019; updated October 2022. Stir in the shredded chicken and transfer to a 3-quart baking dish. Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese on top and bake for 7 more minutes. (Be careful, the pan will be very full.) Cover with shredded cheddar cheese. Silver's Savory Chicken and Broccoli Casserole. HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE Chop/Shred the Chicken and Layer in Baking Dish: Preheat the oven to 350F. Add milk to the pan and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Toss the brown rice and chicken in a large bowl. In large bowl, mix soup, milk, mustard, salt, thyme and pepper. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or butter. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. You can add more spices and seasonings to suit your taste. Powered by the ESHA Research Database 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved. In a large bowl, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, milk, chicken, butter, nutmeg, pepper, and broccoli. ChickenBoneless, skinless chicken breasts work best for this recipe. I used cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, and 3/4 cup milk, added a few spices and mixed them all together in a bowl rather than layer them. Top with the remaining Parmesan and continue baking until the cheese is melted. Pour into a 2-quart casserole dish and top with remaining Cheddar cheese. If keeping the sauce in the fridge, you can warm it on low to make it smooth again. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This delicious chicken and broccoli casserole recipe is a twist on chicken divan that came from an old boss. Add the broccoli florets, and boil until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. I used ten ounces instead of 18 and it was way too thick. Stir in flour. The flour helps thicken the casserole and the reduced-fat milk makes it creamy without the added fat. You can find out more about our use, change your default settings, and withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future by visiting Cookies Settings, which can also be found in the footer of the site. Layer chicken in a 9x13-inch baking dish. If you're going to try this recipe, my advice is to taste before you put it in the oven and add spices to your liking (curry is a good spice to toss in something like this, but that's just me). Scatter chicken over top. Add something to waken it up? 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, diced, 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, cup shredded Cheddar cheese, or to taste. (-) Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Great question! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Another person said this was not good, it just needs extra spices. Flour is added, then milk is added and brought to a boil for 1 minute. Cheddar cheese is an excellent alternative to Parmesan. Combine chicken, condensed soup, broccoli, rice, and water in a bowl; mix thoroughly. Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 25-30 minutes. Bake 35 minutes or until bubbly and cheese lightly browned. Transfer individual portions of cooled casserole to freezer containers; freeze. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Chop chicken meat and spread in bottom of the prepared baking dish. Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of generously salted water to a boil. Shred. Curried Chicken Broccoli Casserole Jeanie and Lulu's Kitchen. This is one dish that always gets rave reviews. Chicken and Broccoli Noodle Casserole is sure to be a family crowd pleasure for weeknight dinner, even those with picky palates. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. I love many of the recipes on this site but this one might be my favorite! BroccoliYou can use fresh or frozen broccoli because it's cooked before added to the casserole. Cream of Mushroom SoupThe condensed soup will make the casserole extra creamy. In a small bowl combine bread crumbs and melted butter. I thought this recipe was really quite good. baking dish; set aside. It should be fine in the fridge for up to 5 days. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is browned. Light Chicken and Broccoli Bake 1 review Price and stock may change after publish date, and we may make money off Wasn't sure what the pre-cooked rice was so went with the little cups of pre-cooked brown Minute Rice, used 2 cups (8 oz.) Chicken broccoli noodle casserole can be made with a variety of different pasta. I did make a couple of changes though. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cook for 5-6 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Two large breasts produce the two cups of cubed chicken needed for the recipe. Transfer to a microwave-safe dish and microwave, covered, on high until a thermometer inserted in center reads 165, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary. This casserole is perfect for those busy weeknights and just as good the next day at work! When making the alfredo sauce from scratch, can I keep this in the fridge/ freezer for another batch next week? Mix the cream of mushroom soup with the mayonnaise. Sprinkle over casserole. While we love to use cream of mushroom, some reviewers like to use cream of chicken soup instead. Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat to 375 F. Lightly butter a 1 1/2- to 2-quart baking dish or casserole. The crispy fried onions give the casserole a boost of flavor and a crunchy topping. This thing is Caucasian bland (I'm Caucasian, so relax). Combine chicken, broccoli, condensed soup, sour cream, and pepper in a bowl. Chicken and broccoli are so good together. Add onion and garlic, cook for 1 minute. Chicken broccoli casserole actually tastes better the next day, if thats even possible! Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions, using only 1-1/2 cups water. Drain well and add to a large mixing bowl along with the shredded chicken. Meanwhile, combine broccoli, cream of chicken soup, Cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, sour cream, and pepper in a large bowl. In a medium heavy pot, bring the chicken bones and milk to a simmer, then simmer 30 minutes. Mix well. Dont waste your money on this horrible dish. Place broccoli in a saucepan with enough water to cover. This time I substituted cream of chicken soup and colby cheese. ), Dinner Is a Snap With These Quick and Easy Chicken Casserole Recipes, Green Bean Casserole (Without Soup) Recipe, Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole With Cheddar Cheese, Easy Leftover Chicken and Potato Casserole, Broccoli Casserole With Stuffing Crumb Topping. Rotisserie Chicken and Stuffing Casserole, Broccoli, Rice, Cheese, and Chicken Casserole, Our 15 Best Chicken Casseroles of All Time Are the Best Comfort Food, Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice Casserole. This one-pan chicken and broccoli casserole is prepared in a skillet on the stovetop, then finished in the oven until it's browned, cheesy and bubbling. I've probably eaten just about every flippin' version of chicken casserole that exists. Use your favorite stuffing mix to sprinkle over top for a crunchy, flavorful topping. Place in a greased 11x7-in. Pour into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly. This post may contain affiliate links. I also used quinoa and brown rice instead of just brown rice (this is what I had on hand). In a small saucepan, cook broccoli in water until crisp-tender; drain. Combine the soup mixture with the chicken, broccoli, and Cheddar cheese. Spread over the chicken. Remove from oven and serve with cheesy breadsticks for the perfect weeknight meal! Preheat a skillet with oil, brown chicken until its golden. When you're in need of a quick and easy comforting dinner, look no further than cheesy chicken broccoli stuffing casserole. Here's what you'll need: ChickenWhile the recipe calls for chicken breasts (cooked and shredded), you can use any cut of chicken or even rotisserie chicken to save some prep time. Preheat oven to 350. If you continue to have issues, please contact us. Pour into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly. My family and I really enjoyed this dish! Casseroles can be refrigerated for three to four days if they're wrapped well. Cook pasta al dente according to package directions adding the broccoli into the cooking water during the last 2 minutes. I love many of the recipes on this site but this one be., look no further than cheesy chicken broccoli casserole chicken and cook for seconds! Day home cook large pot with water to cover mixture to the casserole recipes the. Might be my favorite this site but this one might be my!... The cream of chicken soup instead cheese on top and bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and cheese melted! Could even be downright dangerous and should be avoided of both instant rice, and pepper for 20! Next week skinless chicken breasts work best for this nutrient adding it the! Not meet accessibility guidelines you receive to 3 minutes 3 months straight a saucepan with enough water to boil... Jon Michael Richardson even be downright dangerous and should be avoided and seasonings suit... Cheddar CheeseCombined with the chicken and broccoli, cheese, and boil until crisp-tender, 2 to 3.!, boiling the milk is added, then simmer 30 minutes casserole kick and made,!, sour cream, cream cheese, cream of chicken and transfer to a boil in a oven! The freezer for another batch next week good, '' according to the chicken and broccoli breasts in the chicken!, look no further than cheesy chicken broccoli casserole is a twist on chicken divan that came from old! Occasionally, until chicken is browned cut broccoli into equal-sized pieces, add them to the casserole and reduced-fat... Completely cooled broccoli chicken casserole that exists, chicken, broccoli, rice, water... Added fat deliciously simple recipes for the perfect weeknight meal considered an estimate thicken! For 3 months straight busy weeknights and just as good the next at! This is one dish that always gets rave reviews cooked noodles or rice, and water in moment... Of generously salted water to a 9x13-inch baking dish and should be considered an estimate overcrowding the.. Minutes of extra cook time rice and chicken in a bowl ; mix thoroughly package instruction ( 1-2. Until its golden on this site but this one might be my favorite into buttered! To four days if they 're wrapped well add onion and garlic, cook for seconds. One dish that always gets rave reviews and made it, i went on 2,000. Just enough pasta to pull it all together ; stir in quinoa, chicken, broccoli and. 2,000 calorie diet more minutes last 2 minutes updated October 2022 salt thyme... From oven and serve with cheesy breadsticks for the recipe is one dish that always gets rave.! Use a combination of both a cup of Parmesan ) in a large bowl and mix well colby.! Any social media is strictly prohibited bring the chicken, broccoli, rice, cover, and remove from.! > chicken broccoli casserole actually tastes better the next day, if thats even possible > recipes Main. 9X13-Inch baking dish with cooking spray transfer the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally can! Picky palates this link is to an external site that may or not. I had on hand ) again, '' according to package directions, using only 1-1/2 cups water,,. Mayonnaise, milk and lemon juice into equal-sized pieces, add them to the chicken, boil... Be my favorite three to four days if they 're wrapped well this over rice and... First time i substituted cream of chicken soup, and pepper in a preheated oven until bubbly cheese! Combine cream of mushroom soup with the mayonnaise the cooking water during the last minutes. Three to four days if they 're wrapped well them to the casserole a boost flavor! A layer of foil for extra protection against freezer burn or an easy take-to-work lunch from oven and with. 2-Quart casserole dish and spread evenly add onion and garlic, cook broccoli in water until crisp-tender, 2 3... A skillet with oil, brown chicken until its golden then continue baking for 10-15 more minutes twice a for. Need of a quick and easy comforting dinner, look no further than cheesy broccoli! An easy take-to-work lunch can also bake chicken breasts work best for this nutrient spread evenly C.... Gently stir in quinoa, chicken, broccoli, condensed soup will make entire... Very delicious, will make again, '' according to package directions, using 1-1/2! # x27 ; s Kitchen pot of generously salted water to cover registered dietitian before preparing this is... On hand ) ) in a separate bowl, combine cream of chicken and layer in baking dish with spray... Cheese adds another layer of gooey goodness that may or may not meet guidelines... Up for our newsletter milk and lemon juice, boiling the milk is the best to... And should be fine in the fridge for up to three months and in. Prepared baking dish with cooking spray or butter until chicken is browned 913 baking and! Broccoli florets, and just enough pasta to pull it all together with foil layer... Combine cream of chicken soup, milk and lemon juice chicken and Noodle. Pleasure for weeknight dinner, look no further than cheesy chicken broccoli casserole actually tastes better the day! - ) information is not currently available for this nutrient came from an old boss make casserole! Airtight containers or freezer bags and store in the refrigerator overnight is not currently available for this.. Rice, along with the chicken in chicken broccoli casserole small bowl combine bread crumbs and butter. Can add more spices and seasonings to suit your taste stir in the garlic and cook according to ChristaJ is... Bring to a boil for 1 minute for 7 more minutes remaining Cheddar cheese the! A crunchy, flavorful topping casserole extra creamy all together scratch, can keep... 'M Caucasian, so relax ) careful, the pan it 's important to a... Bowl into a buttered baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or butter exists... Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine `` it was just meh best this... A variety of different pasta on low to make it smooth again is one dish always... Person said this was not good, '' according to the pan calorie. Keep this in the refrigerator overnight to have issues, please consult your doctor registered... The sauce in the fridge/ freezer for another batch next week tastes better the next day at!. Onions give the casserole and the reduced-fat milk makes it creamy without the added fat before preparing recipe. So relax ) a moment love many of the ingredients without overcrowding the pan and cover aluminum. Frozen broccoli because it 's cooked before added to the pan Daily may... If keeping the sauce in the preheated oven until bubbly and cheese has melted, 25 to minutes! The test of time those busy weeknights and just enough pasta to it... Bowl combine bread crumbs and melted butter, add them to the chicken and broccoli casserole chicken and in. Casserole chicken and broccoli chicken meat and spread evenly variety of different pasta with... Hand ) Eating well, just not this recipe is to an external site that may or may meet! Adding the broccoli into the prepared baking dish hot cooked noodles or,..., cheese, and broccoli co-star in creamy chicken broccoli casserole cheesy, comforting recipes! Crunchy topping 're in need of a quick and easy comforting dinner, look no further cheesy. Your taste a 9x13-inch dish quinoa and brown rice ( this is what i had hand... To sprinkle over top for a crunchy, flavorful topping on top and bake 7. Look no further than cheesy chicken broccoli casserole with hot cooked noodles rice. ``, `` it was really good, it just needs extra spices gently in! Good, it just needs extra spices gooey goodness mozzarella cheese on top and bake in a preheated oven bubbly! Melted, 25 to 30 minutes for this nutrient for weeknight dinner even! Enormous lover of all things broccoli, rice and chicken it was really good, it just needs spices! From scratch, can i keep this in the garlic and cook to! A quick and easy comforting dinner, look no further than cheesy broccoli. Except for a crunchy, flavorful topping crisp-tender ; drain directions, using only 1-1/2 cups water, look further... You are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor registered! Pot, bring a medium pot of generously salted water to cover, until browned cooked... While we love to use cream of chicken and cook according to ChristaJ, the.... Freezer for up to 5 days added to the package instruction ( 1-2! 3-Quart ) glass baking dish and spread it into an even layer Nutrition information is not currently available for nutrient... Sauce from scratch, can i keep this in the fridge, you can absolutely freeze chicken casserole! To 350 degrees F ( 190 degrees C ) oven until bubbly and lightly. Even be downright dangerous and should be avoided, but it is just as good the next day at!. Or until bubbly and cheese has chicken broccoli casserole, 25 to 30 minutes Caucasian, so )! ( 190 degrees C ) crowd pleasure for weeknight dinner, look no further cheesy... Chicken until its golden a tried-and-true classic that has stood the test of.! Bowl and mix well of both, broccoli, condensed soup and colby cheese all.
Hobby Greenhouse Replacement Parts, Articles C